Thursday, May 26, 2011

Redding, CA (Day 4)

I got my groom on. I've been complaining to Danielle for weeks now that my hair was getting too long.. today, I fixed that. She likes it when it gets longer and curlier, but she also loves liverwurst and stinky cheese. So I ignored her requests and got it cut.

It rained all day today. Pretty heavily actually. On my way to the barber I dropped Danielle off at a coffee shop so she could work. I had called around to a few of the coffee places in downtown Redding and finally found one that had wifi and wasn't a Starbucks. I forgot to ask what time they closed.. I dropped off Danielle at 2:50 and they ended up closing at 3. Danielle had to walk (in the rain) to a another coffee shop, which turned out to just be a drive-up coffee hut sort of place. So then she walked to a Starbucks (in the rain). She was soaked.

While we were at Starbucks I talked to my childhood friend Rick and he decided to stop by so we could catch up. I hadn't seen him since we were 12 years old. It was great catching up with him. He's a highway patrolman so he had a lot of great stories of high-speed pursuits as well as what they do when they're waiting on the side of the road for the next high-speed pursuit, I can't tell you though, I've been sworn to secrecy.

After we got home from coffee and got Danielle in some dry shoes we started packing for Yosemite. We had decided to go camping there while we were in Reno last weekend. Our friend Scott had told us about the snow melt and how huge the waterfalls were right now in Yosemite. We made plans to meet up with Kenita (Danielle's good friend from LA) and Scott (Kenita's boyfriend) so all four of us started checking the online campsite reservations. It's a really busy time there with this being a holiday weekend. So we were really luck to have cobbled together camping reservations for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights. We're really looking forward to 'roughing it' a little bit. Here's to smelling like campfire and looking like hobo's! Or at least like a hobo with a fresh haircut. ;-)

- Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment