Monday, May 16, 2011

Zion (Day 3) "If you touch me I'm going to chop off your head"





















I promised Danielle that I wasn't going to tell anyone this but I was tickling her and she said, "If you touch me I'm going to chop off your head." We rolled around laughing hysterically for at least 10 minutes afterwards. Well, it made such a good headline I had to break my promise, sorry baby. You know, for a German she's really funny.

So what did we do today? Mostly work. We woke up, and started working. We drank coffee together, I had cottage cheese, bananas and this awesome granola that I FINALLY found at a market here in Zion. Danielle had.. Ahh I can't remember exactly but I know it involved cheese, it always involves cheese. It was probably toasted cheese with sliced cheese on top and some fresh cut cheese on the side.

By the afternoon we were kind of itching to go into the park and do a quick hike. I begged and pleaded that we do something short. I'm still oddly sore from mountain bike riding. Well, she found a short one just for me, the only problem is that it went straight up! It was 1 mile with 900 ft of elevation gain. Super short, I feel kind of girly even bringing this up because it was a very easy hike. It was also pretty steep, they had some chains bolted to the rock so that no one falls. Maybe it was our death defying experience yesterday but I wasn't even scared. I don't really know what to say though, it wasn't a spectacular hike. It was just there and we needed to get out for a while.

Danielle's dad is really funny. She was talking to him this morning over Skype and I could tell he was really animated, Danielle was cracking up. After she got off the phone with him I asked her what he said and she told me that he was reading our blog and saw the posts about Thunder Mountain and then yesterday's canyoneering trip to which he asked, 'So what are you doing today? Skydiving?!?! Are you going to go lion hunting?!?' haha I can't wait to meet her dad. For a German, he's really funny too.

I really love this by the way. I thought that living this way would be harder, that everyday we'd be managing the RV and our workload while trying to squeeze out little drops of fun too. That we'd get grumpier and want more space. That we'd both secretly wish it was over sooner and dread the fact that we still had a month left. But it's none of these things. We could live this way forever; but don't worry mom, we'll bring the RV back.. one day! ;-)

- Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment