Sunday, May 8, 2011



















SInce it's Sunday and we had a long week of work, we decided to sleep in before going on a hike today. So we actually didn't get up until 8:15am. As we finally roll out of bed to walk into the kitchen area to make some coffee, my mom calls from Germany. She suggests to video chat with my Grandma since it's her 91st Birthday today. "That way", she says, "Grandma can finally get to meet/see Tommy". I asked her to give us a couple minutes to put on some clothes and comp our hair to look half-way presentable. Tommy wants to make a good impression and selects a nice collar Polo Shirt :) I give him some last quick instructions on how to impress Grannie, by trying to teach him to say Happy Birthday in German. I say: "Look, it's really easy, you just say: Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag". He looks at me a bit confused then lights up and says: "oh just like: Hairs-licking Glue-range some Woodstock"? I burst out laughing, he sounds like an auto-spelling program that you have on your computer or smartphone. He's so cute, always happy and always finds a way to make me laugh. We get on the computer with my Uncle and my Grandma, they see us for a quick moment then the connection goes out. We try it a couple more times but no luck. So I pick up my phone and call my Grandma and she tells me excitedly that she was able to see Tommy and me for a quick moment and that she saw Tommy has a beard! Not sure why she pointed that out. Maybe she likes beards or maybe she just thought Tommy looked a nice a guy. Either way she'll get to meet him in person soon, because we're planning a trip to Germany in late September.

No comments:

Post a Comment